The Super Girl Sound Session is an ALL FEMALE DJ Competition featuring DJs from around the globe. Our goal is to empower women of all ages, backgrounds, and stages of life who love to make music and get a crowd dancing!
Any female DJ, pro or amateur, may qualify for the Super Girl Sound Session by submitting a three-minute sample of their music. All submissions are judged by industry professionals and narrowed down to the Top 8 finalists.
The Top 8 female finalists will travel to Jacksonville, FL and perform in a LIVE, head-to-head, bracket-style battle on the main stage at the Super Girl Surf Pro Festival in front of an enthusiastic audience and the Super Girl Sound Session judges!!
This high energy, multi-genre DJ has regularly performed at sold out venues and festivals across North America. As a professional main stage mixer, showcasing unheard mashups and remixes, you’ll be sure to be amazing by their talents. Highlights of their career have been working with the likes of DJ SuperGirl Pro, Female::Pressure, Girls on Decks and also happens to be a Winner of the 2016 JLab Audio Sound Session out of California. From Miami to Toronto, she is no stranger to the traveling DJ life.
DJ KRISTA MAC
DJ JV is an American RedBull X Games DJ, record producer, singer/songwriter, charting Billboard artist and composer. Jane Vanderbilt produces a variety of styles within the pop, hip-hop, house, progressive dubstep and bass music genres. Jane is the first American DJ selected to study at the Red Bull Music Academy in Berlin and has been a trailblazer for female talent ever since. Whether it’s on stage or in the studio, JV brings big energy & vibes to everything she touches.
DJ SUGA K
DJ JENNY POCKET
DJ PATTY CLOVER
Lunaxcel is an up and coming DJ from the 904 scene who has been making waves around clubs, festivals and venues in the area. Her show is an absolute party and one you won’t want to miss!
SUPER GIRL SOUND SESSION RULES:
No purchase necessary to enter or win. Void where prohibited by law. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
- Entry period begins at 9:00 am PST on September 1, 2021
- Submission deadline is Friday, October 1, 2021 at 11:59 pm PST
- 8 Finalists will be notified on Friday, October 8, 2021
- Live Contest Date in Jacksonville, FL: Saturday, November 13, 2021
The contest is open only to participants eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. To be eligible, participants must be able to provide a link to a video recording displaying DJ skills.
HOW IT WORKS:
- During the submission period, participants must visit the submission form and submit requested details to be considered for the event.
- Once the submission period ends, a panel of judges will select eight (8) finalists to compete live at the Super Girl Surf Pro event in Jacksonville, FL.
- The 8 finalists will battle head to head and narrowed down to one winner.
- Contain a sample or music or sound clip owned by another individual unless the required permissions have been obtained;
- Contain any false or misleading statements on the entry form or plagiarize, replicate, or copy any other entered Submission;
- Be sexually explicit, obscene, profane, or offensive;
- Be unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group;
- Promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms, or weapons of any kind (or the use of any of the foregoing);
- Promote any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous;
- Endorse any form of hate or hate group;
- Communicate messages inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which Sponsor wishes to associate;
- Violate any law.
- Overall performance (1/3)
- Quality of production (1/3)
- Quality of mixing style (1/3)
Check back soon for 2021 Prizes!
Prizes consist of only those items specifically listed as part of the prizes. All travel related expenses for the Contest, including but not limited to, flights or other transportation to and from the Super Girl Pro event, lodging, food and beverage, taxes, insurance and incidentals are the sole responsibility of each Contest winner. Sponsor will supply turntables, CDJ players, and standard mixer for use during each winner’s live performance. Each winner is solely responsible for bringing any other equipment she may need to the live performance at the Super Girl Pro.
Each winner and her companion(s) agree that they will conduct themselves at all times in a socially responsible, respectful and appropriate manner; and, should they fail to do so, the prize may be immediately terminated and the Sponsor may pursue other legal sanctions against such winner.
Each winner agrees that she will render her performance in a professional manner. Each winner will not receive compensation from Sponsor if the winner is unable to perform due to cancellation, postponement or delay of the live event. In the event a participant is not able to or does not wish to perform, the Sponsor may at its sole discretion choose an alternate winner, or choose not to award the prize at all. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prize by winner is permitted, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
CONTESTANTS WILL BRING THE FOLLOWING TO JACKSONVILLE:
- Laptops and/or USB drive containing music for the DJ spinoff
- Headphones, adaptor, needles & slipmats
FINALIST LIVE PERFORMANCE JUDGED ON:
- Technical Abilities
- Timing (cuts/beats)
- Audience Interaction
2021 Judges to be announced soon!
- All contestants are required to check in two hours before the contest begins. No transportation or travel will be provided.
- The top eight (8) contestants will be announced on October 8, 2021. They will be sent personal flyers to promote via social media. They will be invited to compete at the event in Jacksonville, FL. Travel/accommodations will not be provided.
- At the event, the top eight (8) contestants will be allowed a 3-4 minute set during the quarterfinals where they will face off with another DJ. Four DJs will advance to the semi-final, two to the finals, and a winner will be selected.
- Sets will need to be in a “three-style” format and include music from three different genres.